Until Something Moves.”
Yup. In the most ironic, winky, f-ed up, synchronicity kind of way that quote was my ice-breaker introduction at yoga school.
Jamie basically lost her stuff in front of a room full of 20 hipster NYC yoga ‘friends.’
defense humanity, let me road-map the day week leading up to said quote for you. What I’ve done recently (and I don’t recommend this full-tilt approach…):
– Teach my last ‘official’ classes at my home yoga studios. I love Mighty Bird! ;). And, my last skating lessons for a while in Ithaca.
– Train 3 different people to take over various management, supervising, and support positions I was (yikes!) happily employed in.
Sidenote: Enjoyment does not mean that things can’t and should not be challenged to grow.
– Introduce / dialogue with the new yoga therapist at IOP and transition her into the program.
– Say ‘be well’, love you, trust what’s already there to my girls…
Yes. I’m listening too. 😛
– Pack up my house in BOXES with a lot of help from my friends. Ship / store said boxes.
– Give up my apartment. 😦
– Goodbyes. This oxymoronic word is quite the lie. Goodbyes just kinda suck. (And, that’s how they should go. I’ve loved and I know how special my relationships are.) Even though everyone is still with me. Just not physically…
Which brings me to NOW:
I am pseduo-jobless, living at my friends in NYC, crying at a yoga training. Yeah.
I’m kinda a badass?
EXCEPT: “Nothing happens until something moves.“ And, that’s exactly what I’ve done. Moved on. Stepped it up.
I can’t wait to tell you about what is happening.
It’s pretty freaking rad!!!